Moving On Out - Moving On Up


After five years in Cork I am getting ready to make the transition all the way across the world to...Edinburgh. It's going to be quite the culture shock. Downside: leaving my friends and family. Upside: deep fried mars bars. So, as you can see, it balances out quite nicely.


Beautiful and deadly - I can already feel my arteries clogging

So far I seem to have accommodation sorted, thanks to a friend of a friend. The room is in a great location but may be quite small. Of course, I'm not positive about that because I haven't seen any pictures and I still don't know the exact address. Hmmm, now that I say it out loud maybe I don't have accommodation sorted.

Either way I am moving on September 3rd! I have looked up some improv comedy workshops that are available in the city, I've contact the Edinburgh Concert Band who seem enthusiastic about me and my oboe joining them, and I'm sure the job thing will work itself out. Now would be an excellent time for me to be scouted by a Scottish model agency. Is there a Scotland's Next Top Model show? Because I think I've watched enough of the American one to do really well in that.


Pose: check. Bikini Bod: check. Smise: check.

In the midst of sorting through all the junk I have accumulated during my time in Cork. I'm going to literally use the word literally entirely incorrectly when I say that I am literally a hoarder. I can't throw anything out! To be fair, everything I own is an absolute necessity. I will find so many uses for 80 bottles of nail polish, 112 pens and a plastic crown. The good news is that giving away loads of my extra junk to charity shops makes me feel like both a philanthropist and a minimalist.


I guess I'll just have to be a princess on the inside from now on

Anyway, starting this blog to keep a record of my journey across the vast ocean (or sea, technically) to the highlands. Also, I am super bored right now due to my unemployment and reluctance to leave the house. Sure, you could technically say that both of those things are my fault. Just don't say it to my face.

Comments

  1. Began reading about the Camino....which I did two years ago....to some effect...and discovered I was reading my own cousins journey....now what does that say about us at all........the Camino really does bring out the best in all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment